Hi! I’m Clayton. I’m a professional technical communication specialist with a degree in technical communication and nine years of experience in managing and creating documentation for technical and non-technical audiences. I specialize in translating complex, technical information into clear, compelling content that empowers end users. I have had the privilege of sharing this tech writing expertise with the likes of Google, FIS, and Disney. I also have significant experience working in more editorial-focused roles with passion projects such as The Disconnect and Casual Photophile. The following collection of samples and links showcase the best of my work.
Please feel free to check out my personal resume here and connect with me on Linkedin.
For a less professional, more personal bio of myself, click here.
Technical writing samples
The following samples are excerpts from larger bodies of work from my tenure at FIS. I have deliberately varied the samples to showcase my abilities in composing various types of documentation. Each PDF document includes a short case-study description of the sample content.
- Conceptual – MISER DeskTop Configuration Administration Guide
- Procedural & process – MISER DeskTop Teller Capture User Guide
- Descriptive – MISER DeskTop Teller Capture User Guide
- Release notes – 2021.2 MISER DeskTop Release Notes
Additional writing/editing samples
I have written and/or edited the following articles around the web, all of which revolve largely around technology.
- An archive of all my photography review articles for Casual Photophile
- “Camera Above the Classroom” (editor) for The Disconnect
- “This is Your Digital Fingerprint” (co-writer) for The Disconnect
- “On Informed Complacency and the Potential Decline of Curiosity” for Cyborgology
- “There is a psychological reason you struggle to find the right information-life balance” for Quartz